8.10.2010

Look What We Made!


Grew the lavender...

Picked the lavender...

Stripped the lavender...what good kids!


Stamped the bag...


Filled the bags...

Aren't they cute! We have grown lavender forever, but have never harvested it other than to put it in a vase. It really became a family affair. My husband and I harvested it, the kids(6 and 11) helped strip the fragrant buds. I stamped and filled the bags. We plan on wrapping them up in clear cello bags with a pretty tag/ribbon. I'll be sure to post a picture when done. It's a nice feeling having a little homegrown/homemade gift to give. We also grow without chemicals or pesticides, so it's a "pure" gift. Lavender keeps moths away, and also helps with insomnia.

3 comments:

  1. Nice idea! You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Mmmm I love the smell of lavender. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...