3.03.2010

Mom Has Sweaty Palms


http://www.carabiners.com/index-flash.html
My 6 year old daughter went to a "climbing" party Sunday at a local rock climbing gym called Carabiner's. It's an awesome place. If you like heights. Which I don't. But of course, you can't let your 6 year old fearless "I can do anything" daughter know this. Especially when she's standing in line to climb a 65 foot ladder straight up. Yep. I had to hide my sweaty palms...and smile through my trembling lips. And yes oh yes she DID IT!!!! Of course she did. Her mom's the wimp. She's amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Seahell went to a party there! Son Ben has a pass and goes all the time to practice his climbing (when he has gas money!). I have never been and I cannot believe how high it is! Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how fearless kids are. I remember jumping from the garden shed roof into sandbox whenI was 6. Yeah, try me to repeat the trick now- no way!!! And of course, because we have no control over- we constantly worry for the little ones. I can relate very well to how you feel. My hands have been sweaty on more than occasion with my eldest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to your daughter and to you : it's not easy to be a mother when kid grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father lives down the street from there!

    I go whenever I can with my boyfriend (Kathy's son Ben, actually) and our friends. Ben is crazy, he can do all the caves and things, but I really like to race. It's scary up at the top, but I can't let Ben see that. ;)

    Congratulations to both you and your daughter. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...