9.07.2009

Sorry...I Don't Live on an Island





Hello Blogger friends. I think about this often...the fact that due to my blog title, everyone (or at least most everyone), thinks I reside on Nantucket. Nope. I just wanted to clarify that. I live in an adorable seaside town in southeastern Massachusetts. Yes, it is quaint. Yes, it has a lighthouse. Yes, I love it. But nope...not Nantucket. Someone even thanked me recently for travel information on the island. You're welcome. But it wasn't me.

I HAVE been to the island...ONCE. That one time caused me to develop a love for Nantucket which I hope is occasionally reflected in my blog. My DH and I visited the island 11 1/2 years ago. We had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and we were very stressed out. So we took a little vacation so we could kick back and relax. Relax we did. And yes...I got pregnant on Nantucket. In fact, my son;s name is an acronym of that fact...without us really meaning it to be! Sorry if this is too much info, but I wanted to share!

So please keep reading my blog...even if I don't live on Nantucket!

14 comments:

  1. I apologize for my mistake. My thank you was misplaced and I unfortunately didn't thank the correct blog friend for the information that I was given. I certainly didn't mean to offend you but, I obviously did by your posting. Please know that it was simply due to the fact that I have had a very busy few weeks of getting my son settled back into college life, my husband returning from sea, setting up my classroom and all the other “stuff” that goes on in a household.

    Again, I apologize for offending you ~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo, you absolutely did not offend me, so please accept my apology. I searched for your post, but obviously had not looked very far. I actually have had NUMEROUS comments lately complimenting Nantucket...where they thought I lived, and I started to feel as if I owed people an explanation. I was starting to feel like a fraud. So please do not feel as if I was angry with you...you're one of my favorite and loyal commenters. Hope I didn't scare you off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sweet that your son was conceived on Nantucket. I hope you get to go back there sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool to know the story behind your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also love Nantucket, but your hometown is one of my favorites. the beach at the end of the Neck Rd, and Creamery, the Chowder House....R.G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All is well ~ no worries. Enjoy your short week at school.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story...thank you so much for sharing it with us! How is your week at school going?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog...I am a first time visitor! I like how you chat about a bit of everything...look forward to following :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stopping by saying hello : your town seems beautiful and i do not worry is not Nantucket for the reason i have no plan to travel there ( even if i would love to) lol ! AND actually before coming there I never here about this island before!LOL again

    ReplyDelete
  10. do you have a mail where i can write to you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very funny post! I love all the info xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree...charming post. Congratulations on your son :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aha, the penny drops! But you know, Nantucket really is a state of mind - I've been thinking about returning there for about a decade now too and hopefully it will happen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this makes me smile because i am much the same! i summered there for many many years as a kid, and returned a few times as an adult...and it truly is a state of mind. i love it there, it is where my dreams and soul are...but my job and life are here in buffalo! go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...