8.26.2009

What a Wonderful Weekend







My husband and I took our 5 and 10 year olds to Santa's Village in New Hampshire this weekend. We stayed at The Mountain View Grand Hotel and Spa in Whitefield, New Hampshire. We were extremely pleased with our choice of hotels. Our room was grand and had comfy beds with sumptuous linens. The staff was polite, friendly, and very accommodating. The grounds and views were breathtaking from every angle.

There is an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, a croquet court, tennis courts, a farm, a giant chess game, a golf course, a playground, shuffleboard...just to name a few of the activities. We did not have time to pack it all in.

The food in the tavern was very tasty...and visually appealing...always a plus. The porch was comfy, had loads of seating, and very good pina coladas :)...tapas are also available on the porch.

There is also a state of the art fitness facility, and a beautiful spa.

We will definitely head back next summer, we have a lot more to explore! Two thumbs up!!

14 comments:

  1. I saw the pictures first and thought, reminds me of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan. Then I read that this is the "Grand Hotel" in New Hampshire. Are they cousins?

    Beautiful pictures and review. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful getaway and resort! Did you get much shopping in at the outlets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that place is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing, I've seen this hotel advertised, but it's nice to read a great review of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, we were looking for something to do Labor Day Weekend and after forwarding the link to my husband, we're going! Thanks again for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to get away to...sounds like you had a fantastic time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful getaway! I want to go there too... I bet it was the perfect vacation! :) My fiance really wants to take a roadtrip over there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks beautiful!!

    Nice to meet you. I look forward to following your blog!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos are beautiful. It looks like it was divine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girls...we truly had a blast.

    preppy Sue I am so glad to hear you're going. Enjoy and be sure to explore.

    By the way, these pics are from the hotel website....most of mine had kids in them...and I've never posted family pics. Didn't want to take credit. (although I think mine are pretty gorgeous too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog; it's great. Love the gorgeous photos. Nantucket is a favorite place of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must put this on my list of places to go!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...