7.16.2009

I'm Home and in a Toy Frenzy



Hi everyone. My husband and 5 year old daughter and 10 year old son traveled to our friend's house in St. Marys, Georgia this past week. We had a great time. The first few days it rained buckets...which was really no different from what we had been experiencing in Massachusetts for the month before that. The the sun came out! It was 80ish and very humid. It was very relaxing. The kids swam at least 3 times each day. We took walks and shopped, and checked out some of the local haunts. It was the kids first time flying. The trip down was great. Love those Jet Blue tv's! The ride home from Jacksonville to Boston was VERY bumpy. My son looked green for most of the flight...pretty much how I was feeling too, but didn't divulge. My daughter never even noticed. She'll be my roller coaster girl. She is definitely the daredevil of this family. As we were landing in Boston, the TAll Ships were just leaving...a gorgeous site from the air.

So now that I'm home, I've spent the better part of this week tackling my famous playroom project. It's one of those projects that triggers a million other projects, because you move things from here to there and back again. What a mess. I am slowly chunking away at it.

We just finished a yummy chicken piccata that I found on The Food Network. I took pics as I was cooking, and will try my best to post the recipe and pics later this week. (I made it for the first time several weeks ago for the next day's dinner, but DH sort of fell asleep and forgot to put it in the fridge for me...so we never did get to try it :(

So that's it for me right now...uncluttering the house, swimming lessons at the beach...spending time with my cutie pies...what's not to love about summer?

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home! It sounds like a fantastic trip! Good luck with all the projects. Which earrings did you get from Stella and Dot. My daughter got the starfish necklace and a ring and I got a replacement for my lost charm necklace. We love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the East Coast! The sun has been out but it's still rather cool for July. I have one of those types of projects going on in our home as well. I've never heard of Stella and Dot ~ I'll have to go take a look.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I love flying Jet Blue with kids! The extra room and TVs makes all the difference. How cool to see the tall ships arriving too. Good luck on the projects. It will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! Good luck with the uncluttering - it always feels so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were very close to me on your little trip!!!!!

    good luck on your de-cluttering! overwhelming yet sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and girl you were so funny with your teeth comment. thanks, you are so sweet.
    i just buy whatever decent brand is on sale or the cheapest that month. i tried teeth whitening stuff in college but i guess my teeth are sensitive cause it hurt too bad! i quit after a week.
    i seriously think a lot of it has to do with the color lipstick or lipgloss you use. or maybe i'm just crazy.
    sorry for the novel-lenth comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love St. Mary's! Is the picture you posted from there? Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...