6.02.2009

Field Trips in June...Yahoooo!




Ok, we're winding down. For those of you who don't know, I'm a 7th grade teacher. A VERY tired 7th grade teacher. A teacher who is ready to be done with her 17th year teaching and have a good long rest. (Well, not really, I WILL clean and cook, and garden, and purge the clutter, and play with my kids, and clean some more...and I will LOVE every second of it). I've hit the wall for this year. I'm exhausted by 8:00pm, I have dark circles, and I can't keep up with my house. This is the time of year that they suck the life out of you. BUT (yes, I started a sentence with but), there is something that makes all of us, kids and adults love life...FIELD TRIPS!

My block partner and I have planned 2 field trips in June, one is to Marble House in Newport, Rhode Island, and one is to Fenway Park. These are 2 of my favorite places on earth. Marble House amazes the kids with its grand rooms, golden furnishings, and the fact that people actually lived there. The kids are equally awestruck by Fenway. The kids get to tour the park, sit in the Green Monster seats, and dream. Many of them have never been to Boston, and never will get to a Red Sox game, but they don't care, this is amazing enough. I planned the trip on a home game day this year...maybe there will be players around...who knows.

So we will make it through the next 13 1/2 days. And we'll have a fun time doing it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like two wonderful trips! My daughter passed through 7th grade a few years ago and they also went to Fenway. It really is one of the best trips! Enjoy! I completely understand how grueling the end of the year is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic field trips!!! Please post pics when you go. At least you have something to look forward to. Yay! (our last day is the 16th - you too?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun time! i know what you mean about the end of the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how middle school teachers do it!

    The filed trips sound so great! Fenway, even with no game, is still fun. I loved field trips at the end of the year, it's such a nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a children's author with a new website for kids called MEET ME AT THE CORNER (www.meetmeatthecorner.org), a series of free kid-friendly video podcasts for kids.

    Geared to children ages 7-12, MeetMeAtTheCorner.org is a dynamic, interactive site, which encourages individual expression and participation through video submissions from children worldwide. Through these video pod casts, the site creates a community of children who learn the art of self-expression and storytelling through video. The site is free of charge.

    MeetMeAtTheCorner.org currently offers more than 50 three- to four- minute episodes. Recent additions include interviews with famous artists and writers, trips to New York City, San Diego, and Colorado, and introductions to unusual hobbies. New trips are added every three weeks.

    I am working on a new episode with Grammy nominees TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA about song writing. I would like to link to your page about how kids can get involved in the music business.
    Would you review our site and recommend it to your readers?

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Donna Guthrie
    MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids
    www.meetmeatthecorner.org

    Thank you,

    Donna Guthrie
    www.donnaguthrie.com
    www.meetmeatthecorner.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun field trips! I can't wait to see pics. :) Hang in there! Just a little bit longer to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...