5.18.2009

A Jar of Memories


I'm one of those people who tears pages from magazines and files them away. You know... the perfect outfit, a great wedding cake, a beautifully decorated home, a charming garden, etc...I tore out a page from who knows what magazine at least five years ago, that showed a beautiful Memory Jar. I've wanted to make this for my mom ever since, and finally, this year, the pieces all fell into place. My oldest brother J in New Jersey sent me his childhood memories, my baby brother B in New York sent me his. My two sisters who live in a neighboring town (S and C) sent me theirs. Then I carefully chose my own. I wrote the messages on pretty paper, folded them up in a prettified jar, and it was ready to go. Judging from the smiles and laughter as Mom opened each paper, I think it was a success. So even though it's a little late for this Mother's Day...Father's Day is just around the corner!

(The picture above is the one that I made...jar from K Mart, notecards from Marshall's, ribbon from an old floral sale)

9 comments:

  1. Great Father's Day gift ideas, weather radios, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    it'as an amazing idea for a gift ! i hope one days my duaghters will do the same you've done for your mother !
    unfortunately my mom died 6 years ago so....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful idea! We Mom's always love the homemade gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful idea!

    I am also a magazine article saver. I leave them all over the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I so want to copy this. I love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for stopping by my etsy shop! I really do appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I love it! And your jar looks very pretty too. :) I love how it's glass, so you can see all the pretty pieces of paper inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...