5.06.2009

Hair Equals Stress

I have a hair appointment looming in the near future (Saturday), and I'm kind of torn. My last "hairstyle" has kind of grown out. It's been about 5 months (eeeeek) since I've been cut and highlighted. My hair is slightly past my shoulders. So right now I'm going through the should I just trim or go for a style...I certainly can't make up my mind. I'm a bit IRL shy, so I'll describe: I have hair that is medium thinnish with a slight wave, and a lot of frizz if I don't straighten with a brush or flatiron. I grew up with a dirtyblondish color that always had golden streaks in the summer. I long for a style, but mourn my longer hair once it's gone...a product of a house with three long haired girls who grew up in the Brady Era. I am very lucky at 43 to be free of grey hairs...thanks mom.



I love this crisp, clean look on Jenny McCarthy.




Nicole Richie's hair is gorgeous. I love the color, and the way it seems to fall casually.



Kate Moss's new look is fresh. My hair is similar in texture.

So what do you think? Which hairstyle do you like?

(Of course my 10 year old son would love me with a pink mohawk..."I think your
hair is short enough Mom." was his recent comment on the way home from little
league game...not a kid who enjoys change(s)...even on my head. )



6 comments:

  1. I think Nicole Richie looks great. I love the side swept bangs and the color looks so "natural"! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Nicole's the best. Her cut is similar to Jenny's though I think. Just a little shorter and maybe her hair's thicker. They're all cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I like Nicole's the best because it looks like it has a real style to it. I am trying to grow out my hair and am at the cut short or keep growing place too-- it's kind of blah an hard to style right now. Have you been to www.whoorl.com? They have fun hair makeovers if you need more inspiration! Enjoy your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Nicole's best, but I would vote for Kate's for you because of her texture being so similar to yours. Nicole's is actually that way as well, but she straight-irons hers to within an inch of its life. And I think we end up happiest with a cut that works with our texture instead of against it. (which is why I don't go anywhere near wavy styles, and my limp, pin-straight hair just doesn't do that)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi
    i'm french and just discover your blog : i'm also public school teacher and mother of 2 daughters !
    Your blog is great : would you mind to visit mine?
    Morgane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your help...I was leaning towards the Nicole Richie doo, so your comments really helped. I'll let you know the end results!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...